My Home Photography Studio

It was such a short summer spent trying to finish
my new studio.
Lots of sweating, blisters on my hands, and backaches
but I finally finished
and now ready to start booking those babies.
I am starting to feel a sense of accomplishment. My first huge project as a single mom has come together almost as I had planned 
{and the only reason I say "almost" is because my budget ran out way before I finished the floors}
My original plan was to have lots of cabinets to hide away all the clutter. I really hate clutter.
But since there were no more funds, I had to get creative.
I had an old cherry desk and an old hutch top from my grandmother's
that I painted both white to look like they went together.
For the props and blankets, I built shelves out of lumber.
Then I constructed three doors together, placed them on casters to hide all the clutter on the shelves. I can roll the doors aside to get what I need on the shelves.
That then gave me some wall space to put a little sofa up against.
The coffee bar is an old reception podium from a restaurant I picked up at an auction.
Finally, is the kids art station. Since I will be spending many hours working, the kids can be right near me creating their own work.
Now all that I have left to do is to go through the hundreds of sessions and pick out photos to display in the studio. This might be the hardest job of all!



Comments

Popular Posts